EDIT: Dialogue between me and Liz, my roomie–
Me: I’m doing something I haven’t done since high school.
Me: I’m reading SparkNotes instead of the book.
Liz: Wow, you’ve reached a new low. I’m so proud of you!
This post brought to you by my local friendly Panera Bread Company. I think everywhere should have free wireless; I go to Panera a lot more than I would if they didn’t have free wireless. It’s a great marketing technique, I think. Earlier there was this cute boy in his early teens talking to someone older, probably a mentor or something, about his girl troubles. Apparently one of his friends who’s a girl is upset because she’s not one of his “top 8” on MySpace but this other girl, whom the first girl doesn’t particularly like, is. The guy wants to “go with” the first girl but doesn’t want to hurt the second girl’s feelings by taking her off his top 8. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about by either “top 8” or MySpace, you’re so out of the cool loop that I don’t think I can help you.) Drama, drama, drama! Life’s too short to get bent out of shape by your position on someone’s MySpace list.
Anywho, I have nothing profound to say today, so I’ll just post this survey I filled out earlier this evening while killing time in the Writing Center. I signed up for Monday nights because we weren’t busy during that time last semester, but this semester we’re even less busy, and 2 and a half hours passes by really slowly when there are no inept writers to help. So read, enjoy, and leave me some love!
1. Do you still talk to the person you had your first kiss with?
2. What would you do with 1,000 plastic spoons?
Play a gigantic game of Spoons with 999 people.
3. What did you do when you weren’t in school in the 2nd grade?
Play with Legos or pester my brother.
4. What’s the best thing about your job?
I get paid to do homework.
5. Do you like more than one person right now? Nope.
6. Are you against same sex marriage?
7. Did you vote for Bush? Yes, but I wouldn’t again. (And I realize he can’t run for office again, so don’t send me messages telling me I’m stupid.)
8. Where are you going on your next vacation?
Good question. Possibly Asheville for Spring Break.
9. Have you made out with anyone on your top 8? No (this obviously doesn’t apply to Xanga, sorry.)
10. Are most of your friends guys or girls? Girls
11. Do you own any furniture from Ikea? Nope
12. Last book you read?
Troilus and Criseyde. The last book I read for pleasure was so long ago that I can’t remember what it was, but I read several over Christmas break.
13. If you could have one super power what would it be? To fly
14. Where have you lived most of your life? Memphis
15. What was the last convo you had about? Crash, relationships, the history of the English language (it was a random conversation)
16. Where do you see yourself in four years? Still in grad school, working towards my doctorate. Wow, that’s scary.
17. What’s your favorite smell? The men’s cologne department.
18. What is your favorite sound? Rain.
19. Are you moody? I hate to say it, but I probably am.
20. Favorite Movie of all time? Of all time? That’s hard. But I love Crash. And You’ve Got Mail. And Sense and Sensibility,Pride and Prejudice (the A & E version), and About a Boy.
21. Have you ever done indictive to your classmate? What?
22. Have you ever gone to therapy? Yes
23. Have you ever Played Spin the bottle? I wish, haha. Anyone wanna come over and play?
24. Have you ever toilet papered someone’s house? Yes.
25. Have you ever liked someone but never told them? Uh, that’s the story of my life.
26. Have you ever gone camping? Four times-each time was with a group of children ranging in ages from 6-13. I don’t recommend that.
27. Have you ever had a crush on your sister/brothers friend? No way.
28. Have you ever gone to a nude beach? No way.
29. Have you ever gone streaking? Again, no way.
30. Have you ever had a stalker? Sort of.
31. Have you ever gone skinny dipping before? Nope.
32. Have you ever laughed so hard you cried? Yes, and I’ve cried so much that I’ve started laughing.
33. Have you ever gone to a party where you were the only sober person? No.
34. Have you ever been in love? I think so.
35. Have you ever felt betrayed by your best friend? Yes.
36. Have you ever lied to your parent[s]? Yes.
37. Have you ever been out of the US? Yes-Honduras, Kenya, and Thailand, as well as several islands in the Caribbean.
38. Have you ever thrown up from working out? No.
39. Have you ever gotten a haircut so bad that you wore a hat for a month? No, but I have had some rotten haircuts.
40. Have you ever eaten 3 meals from 3 different fast food places in one day? I don’t think so. Maybe on vacation.
42. Have you ever spied on someone? Uhhh…
43. Have you ever slept with one of your coworkers? No.
44. Have you ever seen your best friend naked? No.
45. Who was the last person who called you? Sarah.
47. Have you ever been arrested? No.
48. When was the last time you cried? Last Sunday after my car ended up in a ditch. So it’s been over a week since my last cry. That’s pretty good!
49. Have you ever stolen anything? I’m sure I probably have, but nothing sticks out in particular.
50. Have you ever drunk egg nog? Yes, and it’s gross.