Research paper time. I receive papers from my students today, so blogging will be slim to none for a while. I have a lot on my mind but no time to devote to sharing all of it with you. So for now, a brief update.
1. If you’re not friends with me on facebook (shame on you!), then you wouldn’t know that I had a job interview yesterday for a position teaching middle school reading at a local private school. I think I would do an amazing job, and here’s hoping the interview committee agrees! We shall see.
2. I cannot keep nail polish from chipping, no matter what I do. I painted my nails the night before the interview (because nothing says successful and intelligent like a good manicure), and they were chipped by yesterday afternoon! I can put on a base and top coat and still, the chipping! Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your help with this extremely important matter.
3. I have now lost 68 pounds. I still don’t think I comprehend how much weight that actually is. According to some weight loss comparison chart I saw on SparkPeople, I’m 2 pounds away from losing an Irish Setter. Cool.
4. I successfully ran 2.9 miles in 33:15 on Monday! I shaved about a minute off my previous mile pace. I am still nervous about next Saturday, the big race day, however, because there are supposed to be “rolling hills” and I have trained primarily on flat land.
5. Today’s run was not so great. I keep getting cramps in my right side when running. Does this happen to anyone else, and if so, what do you do about it? Today it was so intense I stopped running after about 1.7 miles. I am going to try for the 2.9 miles again tomorrow.
6. I have done terrible with my April goals. I haven’t even read 2 books (I’ve read 1 and a quarter, maybe). And with all the research papers I have to grade, I don’t think I’ll be finishing one before Friday comes. Oh well.
7. I need some new running songs. Anyone have suggestions? No bad techno, please. 🙂
I will end there. 7 is the perfect number, after all.