First, the bad news…
August starting weight: 188.4
August ending weight: 189.8
GAIN of 1.4 pounds
Sigh. I’m not really surprised by this, just disappointed in myself once again. I have essentially maintained my weight for the entire summer. That’s good, I suppose, but not if I’m wanting to actually LOSE weight.
Here’s how I did on my specific goals:
1. Exercise 250 minutes a week, with at least 100 of those minutes consisting of running. I ran for 100 minutes or more every week in August, so that’s great! However, I only logged 250 total exercise minutes 2/4 weeks.
2. Eliminate nighttime snacking. I did really well with this. I think there were about 5 days out of the whole month where I ate after 8 p.m., and those times I ate fruit or 100 calorie popcorn, so no huge damage there.
3. Stay within my calorie range 6 out of 7 days. I did this 2/4 weeks.
4. Compile and organize recipes. I have printed out a bunch of recipes, with more saved online, and I have a binder with sheet protectors and dividers, so I feel good about this. I also have all our dinners planned out through the month of October! That’s exciting. Of course I am giving myself the freedom to change things around if I want, but I like knowing that I won’t have to plan another menu until November approaches.
5. Read 3 books. Epic FAIL. I didn’t even read 1 book, although I did read 3 issues of Reader’s Digest, one issue of Fitness Magazine, and the entire Pentateuch (My husband devised a reading plan for us to read through the entire Bible by the end of the year, so we’re reading rather large passages of Scripture every day). So I read, but I didn’t read books.
Other accomplishments this month: My first 5 mile run and my first 6 mile run! I just did the 6 miler this morning, and boy was it TOUGH. Fortunately, the weather this morning was GORGEOUS, and I had good tunes to keep me going. I finished in 71 minutes and 35 seconds and walked for a total of 3 minutes during that time.
I also cleaned out and organized 3 of our closets, and they look fantastic! I created quite a bit of storage space in one of them, so we can use that to stockpile stuff that we buy in bulk at Sam’s.
Speaking of Sam’s, I’ve been working on doing price comparisons of Wal-Mart, Sam’s, and Kroger. I made a list of about 60 items that I buy on a regular basis and put them into a spreadsheet. Last week I went to Sam’s and Wal-Mart and recorded the prices for items, and today I’ll finish the project by going to Kroger. It has taken me a while, but I think it will be worth it so I can see where the best deals are and save us money!
Even though I am disappointed about the weight gain, I know I have no one to blame but myself, so there’s no use in whining about it. I feel good about some of the other things I’ve accomplished this month, and I am determined to make September a better month. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post on my September goals!