For this week’s Friday Five, I’ve chosen five quotes from my favorite TV show of all time, Gilmore Girls. There are a lot of quotes to choose from, but I picked ones that really stuck out to me. Enjoy!
1. Spoken by Paris about a student she’s tutoring: “She’s got a C average which means she’s either lazy or stupid. I can work with either. Frankly sometimes stupid is easier. I can scare the stupid out of you, but the lazy runs deep.”
2. Lorelai: Huh. You know what I just realized? Oy is the funniest word in the entire world. I mean, think about it. You never hear the word oy and not smile. Impossible. Funny, funny word. Poodle is another funny word.
Emily: Please drink your drink, Lorelai.
Lorelai: In fact, if you put oy and poodle together in the same sentence, you’d have a great new catch phrase, you know? Like, “Oy with the poodles already.” So from now on, when the perfect circumstances arise, we will use our favorite new catch phrase.
Rory: Oy with the poodles already!
Lorelai: I’m telling you, it’s knocking “Whatcha talking ’bout, Willis?” right out of first place.
3. Paris: “I can’t help it. Any way I look at it, I’m right.”
4. Sookie: I am so sad…and mad. I’m smad.
5. Jess: “Great, then we can hold hands and skip afterwards.”
Paris: “I don’t see anyone here who shouldn’t be sterilized immediately.”
Lorelai: “Copper boom!”
Luke: Rory’s not here yet.
Lorelai: Then you’ll have to entertain me until she arrives. Okay Burger boy, dance.
Luke: Will you marry me?
[Lorelai is taken aback]
Luke: Just looking for something to shut you up.
Logan: Rory, you’re special.
Rory: Like “stop-eating-the-paste” special?
Lorelai: “The plural of cul-de-sac is culs-de-sac? That doesn’t even sound like English.”
Rory: “That’s because it’s French.”
Okay, guess I should have just done a top 10.
If you’re a fan of Gilmore Girls, what are your favorite quotes? If you’re not a fan, I am sad for you, but feel free to share any other memorable quotes. 🙂