I’m bringing back the Friday Five! Feel free to post your own list, too!
What I Wanted to Be When I Grew Up
1. A writer. I started writing poems and stories in the fourth grade (Thank you, Mrs. Fisher!), and I thought it would be amazing to make a living being a writer. I knew I’d be a famous novelist someday.
2. Marine biologist or dolphin trainer. My love of dolphins also began in fourth grade, and I could think of nothing more wonderful than getting to study them and be with them in the water. Sadly, I hate science and have no desire to live in a wetsuit. 🙂
3. Teacher. My brother and I used to play “school” when we were little, which basically consisted of me being bossy and telling him what to do. That pretty much sums up our early relationship. I was quite obnoxious, I’m sure.
4. Fashion designer. I laugh at this a LOT now because I have no sense of style whatsoever, but I used to spend many an afternoon drawing sketches of clothes and dreaming of having my own clothing line.
5. A singer. Oh, how I wanted to be a singer! I would sing with my hairbrush for hours and hours. Mariah Carey had nothing on me. Ha.
What did you want to grow up to be?