In no particular order:
1. The tornado sirens are going off as I write this. It seems like the sirens have gone off at least once a week for the past month, and it’s getting very old. We lost power for at least 10 hours last night, and I hope we don’t lose it again tonight. Fortunately, Charlotte is completely oblivious to severe weather, which is definitely a blessing! I was in Memphis on Monday with my boss because we were meeting with clients, and the storm seemed to come out of nowhere. We were headed back a little before 1 p.m. and listening to the radio for weather updates and realized we were basically driving into the bad weather. Awesome. Of course I was thinking about Charlotte the whole time and praying that she was safe and that everything was fine. When we got back to Jackson, my boss was kind enough to take me by the daycare so I could go see her. I found her in the basement, and the workers told me she had been sleeping for most of the time they were down there, and I was so relieved.
2. I haven’t worked out since my first Couch 2 5k workout last Tuesday. There just don’t seem to be enough hours in the day for everything, and I am feeling overwhelmed and discouraged.
3. I feel like I will never lose the weight.
4. I think Charlotte gets cuter every day. Look at her on Easter:
It’s almost too much cuteness to handle!
5. I feel kind of like a bad mother when people ask me, “Is Charlotte sleeping through the night yet” and I have to respond in the negative. I think the longest stretch of sleep she’s gotten is 6 hours, and that was only once. We get excited if she’ll sleep for 4 hours.
Those are some things on my mind? What’s on your mind?