I’m super giddy about posting this because I had a pretty great week. See for yourself:
1. Lose 6 pounds. Weight as of June 8: 196.6. Weight as of June 15: 192.6. That’s right, I lost FOUR pounds!! I was ecstatic when I saw this number this morning. I weighed myself on Saturday and was 193.4, which was good, and I was just hoping to stay there until my “official” weigh-in this morning, but I did even better than that. I’m so happy! Only 2.2 pounds to reach my goal for the month.
2. Cardio for at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week. Success! I completed 3, 35-minute workouts (including a 20 minute run-yeah!) and am now on week 6 of Couch to 5k.
3. Strength training twice a week. 1/2 times. Although I will say that I had planned to do my second session last night, but my arms were sore after giving blood on Monday. (It’s a long story, but let’s just say that it involved getting both arms stuck and then having the needle go deep into my vein on my left arm.). So I wimped out, basically. Next week, though, I will get in both workouts!
4. Read a Proverb each day. Success 6/7 days. Proverbs is just what I need right now. I am really enjoying it. A verse that really jumped out at me this week that I actually just read yesterday is Proverbs 14:30: A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but an envious heart makes the bones rot.” Powerful stuff, huh? I may have to write more about this verse later.
5. Eat within my calorie range 5 out of 7 days. Once again, I only succeeded with this 4/7 days, but interestingly enough, none of the days when I went over were on the weekend, and the overage on two of the days was less than 150 calories, so I don’t feel TOO terrible about this.
All in all, I am thrilled with the results of this week and am going to use this momentum to propel me forward. I must remember every day that being healthy and losing weight feels much better than drowning my problems in a massive bowl of ice cream or a large order of fries!