I love listening to music when I run, and having my cute little Sansa Clip Zip makes it even better because I hardly notice I’m using an mp3 player (I really should write a review of this product. Maybe I will!). Anyway, it’s easy to get tired of hearing the same old songs every time I run, so I try and change up the music once a month or so. Here are 5 of my current favorite running songs, in no particular order because I can’t rank them by how much I love them. The links will take you to YouTube videos of each song.
1. “Princess of China” by Coldplay. For some reason I am OBSESSED with this song. I play it about 3 or 4 times a day, which means it inevitably gets stuck in my head. There’s no deep meaning or anything; it’s just a fun little ditty.
2. “God is Enough” by Lecrae. Lecrae is a Christian hip hop artist, and he is the bomb diggity, yo. (I am so white.) I also listen to this song obsessively. It’s an awesome running song. Go listen to it. You won’t be sorry!
3. “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall” by Coldplay. I know, another Coldplay song, but I just bought their Mylo Xyloto album recently because Amazon had it on sale for $0.25! Best quarter I ever spent. (“I shut the world outside until the lights come on/Maybe the streets alight, maybe the trees are gone/I feel my heart start beating to my favorite song.”)
4. “Set Fire to the Rain” by Adele. I love me some Adele, and this is my favorite Adele song. I think my good bloggy friend Andrea really likes this one, too. (Hi, Andrea!) I don’t really know what this song means (besides the typical angsty Adele my-life-was-ruined-by-a-boy stuff), but I would love to know how one goes about setting the rain on fire. That would be awesome.
5. “Start Over” by The Afters. The lyrics in this song are so great and encouraging, especially when trying to push through a workout. (“The impossible is possible/But your fear is so responsible/for keeping you down,/keeping you down…You only fail/If you never try/You’ll never live/Tryin’ not to die.“)
Now I must know: what are YOUR favorite workout songs? I’m always looking for new music!